Google is investing a lot of resources to help website owners to learn about SEO and get inside information from Google on their website’s performance. Here a few links to the most important Tools & Knowledge provided by Google:
Google Search Console
This is the tool that every webmaster should have access to. You need to pass a verification process to prove that you manage the domain. Once you gain access, you can find interesting insights directly from Google’s database. Here are the most valuable features of the search console:
- Search Analytics – This is the most accurate ranking report.
- Internal Links and Backlinks – Get a list of both internal links and external links.
- Sitemaps – Submit sitemaps and see their status report.
- URL Inspection – Inspect a specific URL
- Coverage Report – Discover issues in your website organized by common categories.
- Mobile Usability – Identify pages that are not mobile friendly.
- Security and Manual Actions – Google provides alert on security issues and manual actions taken by Google personnel. Having issues under this section means Trouble!
The support section covers information and questions related to the Search Console, security and content issues.
Google’s learning section provides free courses about improving site’s content and user experience.
There are communities in many countries that are moderated by Google’s team. This is the best way to stay up-to-date with news and events.
Lastly, you should get the newsletter from Google’s Webmasters Blog. It’s the official blog for SEO experts.